New HighSchoolOT app brings new features
Jan 31, 2013
New HighSchoolOT app
Thursday brought big news to HighSchoolOT.com.
We have launched an all-new HighSchoolOT.com app for iPhone, including support for iPhone5, and Android users. The new app, just like the old one, is completely free.
This is not an update to the current app, though. It's a completely new app, which means you will have to go to the app store to get the download.
The next time you open the HighSchoolOT app on your smartphone, you’ll be prompted to head over to the iTunes or Google Play store to download the new app.
If you already have the HighSchoolOT app, once you get the new one, you will see two icons on your list. Make sure to remove the old one and keep the new one labeled "new" on it.
Why do you want this new app? There are a lot of reasons. Here are a few:
- Enhanced recruiting content. In addition to the recruiting stories currently available on the app, users will see recruiting videos, recruiting slideshows, recruiting news from outside the area and our database of area college commitments.
- Nick Stevens' column will be available in the main menu.
- Tom Suiter's Extra Effort Award stories will be displayed in a section of the app.
- A special "Hoops Headquarters" section will be added to better display our basketball videos.
- Access to the @HighSchoolOT Twitter feed.
- You can now scroll the tab bar left and right to quickly access menus (New to the iPhone).
- Swiping between stories is faster and smoother.
- Tapping the logo in the top bar will take you to the homepage.
- The status bar is back. Now you can see the time, network and battery.
- iPhone 5 support
- Fix for Twitter sharing
- Numerous other bug fixes and performance improvements
- All of the previous features are still available – Area scoreboards for multiple sports; Live scoreboards for football & basketball; top stories; video and slideshows; school specific stories; news from beyond the area; ability to share content with HighSchoolOT; breaking news alerts, and more.
The new app will lay the groundwork for future enhancements and content additions as well. Be on the lookout for more news regarding the HighSchoolOT.com app in the coming weeks.