Boys Soccer

Enloe stays unbeaten with win over Millbrook

Posted September 13

Miguel Solis (17) of Enloe. Enloe remained unbeaten with a 4-2 win over Millbrook in boys soccer on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. (Photo By: Nick Stevens/

— Enloe took control of Wednesday's soccer match against Millbrook early on in the game and never looked back, taking a 4-2 win to remain unbeaten on the season.

In the eighth minute, Aidan Sullivan sent a pass to Ian Rupp who headed it into the left side of the goal, giving Enloe an early 1-0 lead.

When it rains, it pours. Less than a minute later, in the ninth minute, Josh MacMillan added another goal for the Eagles, pushing the lead to 2-0 early in the first half.

Enloe got several good looks at the goal in the first half. In the 14th minute, Miguel Solis collected a rebound and put it in the back of the net on the left side. That score made the Eagles' lead 3-0.

Millbrook tried to fight back though. In the 21st minute, the Wildcats got multiple looks at the goal off a corner kick. During the scramble, Chase Clark knocked the ball into the net, cutting Enloe's lead to 3-1.

That two-goal lead held through halftime for the Eagles.

Less than ten minutes into the second half, in the 49th minute, Grant Alexander added another goal for Enloe to give the Eagles a 4-1 lead.

But again, Millbrook answered to stay within striking distance. In the 67th minute, Owen Freeman took a shot that hit the post and bounced into the net to make the score 4-2, but still in favor of Enloe.

The Eagles' goal keeper, Emir Sevim, made several big saves in the final minutes of the second half to secure the win for Enloe.

Enloe is now 4-0-4 on the season and has yet to lose a game. The Eagles return to play on Thursday with a home game against Rolesville at 6:30 p.m.

With Wednesday's loss, Millbrook drops to 5-6-1 overall and will host Green Hope on Thursday night at 6 p.m.


Please with your account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all