High School Sports
Area basketball recruits for 2012-13 season
Oct 31, 2012
North Carolina is well-known basketball country and this year the talent in the area is high. Several students have made big commitments and others are being heavily recruited. Here is a list of some of the star players in the area.
Class of 2013:
- Forward Isaiah Hicks, J.F. Webb, has already committed to play at North Carolina. The 6'8", 195 pound senior is ranked 13th overall nationally in the 2013 class.
- Forward Marcus Bryan, Ravenscroft High School, has yet to commit but is being heavily recruited and has received an offer from Gardner Webb.
- Shane Whitfield a forward at Word of God Christian Academy recently committed to Lehigh. Whitfield is 6'6", 200 pounds.
- Word of God teammate Josh Newkirk is ranked 27th in the nation at guard. Newkirk committed to Pittsburgh.
- Broughton guard Devonte Graham, 6'0" 150 lbs., while stay in state and play at Appalachian State next season.
- Guard A.J. Lapray, Riverside, is a three-star recruit and has received offers from Oregon State, San Francisco, Rice and UTEP.
- Person forward Tyrone Outlaw Jr. has committed to UNC-Greensboro.
- South View guard Rian Holland, 6'0", 140 lbs., has committed to Wichita State.
- Forward Donte Reynolds, Word of God Christian Academy, has received offers from Arlington Texas and Memphis.
Class of 2014:
- Forward Gary Clark, Clayton, 6'7", 205 lbs. is a three star recruit and a big presence underneath. He's received offers from Charlotte, ECU, VCU and UNC Wilmington.
- Jaylen Robertson, Word of God Christian Academy, is a three-star guard.
- Forward Ricky Council, Northern Durham sits at 6'4", 180 pounds.
- Julian Clay, Douglas Byrd forward, runs a 4.8 forty and is looking at North Carolina, Duke and East Carolina.
Class of 2015:
- Brandon Ingram, Kinston, a four-star forward is looking at Georgetown, UNC, NC State and Wake Forest.
- Forward Jamar Ergas, Riverside, 6'4", 180 lbs., is interested in North Carolina State.
- Julius Barnes, Garner, is a speedy 5'6", 140 pound guard.
- Forward Robert Brown, Millbrook, has the height at 6'7", 195 pounds.
Copyright 2012 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.